Home Treatment Team
The CAMHS Home Treatment Team will provide care to young people residing within the Pennine Care Footprint: Stockport, Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale and Bury.
Young people within the footprint up to and including the age of 16 years and in full-time Year 11 education (however clinical decisions will allow for the team to have flexibility in accepting young people who are over 16 years of age if this is developmentally and clinically appropriate).
We have two pathways: Supported Early Discharge and Admission Avoidance.
HYM’s Home Treatment as an alternative to admission: avoiding hospital admission through Intensive Home Treatment
- Intensive home treatment including the option to provide multiple visits per day (dependent upon capacity and acuity of current caseload)
- Management of risk
- Brief interventions and crisis management to support recovery.
- Enhancement of current community care package for young people with complex needs who are at risk of hospital admission if they did not have an enhanced package of community care.
Supporting discharge from inpatient services back into the community
- Practical support to aid recovery and facilitate early discharge
- Short term supportive care packages to young people and their families/carers being discharged from acute inpatient wards
- Supporting care coordination in the discharge pathway for service users with complex needs.
- Supported discharge means discharge from an acute inpatient unit at a time earlier than would happen if intensive support in the community was not available. Supported discharge is still part of an acute episode of care.
Key Interventions and Support
- Planned home visits
- Psychosocial interventions
- Full mental state examination and assessment
- Risk assessment and management (including STORM skills training)
- Medical input for consultation, review, medication prescribing and management
- Promoting self-management techniques
- Interface with other supporting agencies
- Carer and family support
- Onward referral and signposting
- Brief CBT
- Relapse Prevention
- Crisis Management
Home Treatment Teams actively work with Carers who are supporting people at home through listening to their concerns and providing support when needed.
- Support and brief family work
- Guidance (Young Minds, Papyrus, Healthy Young Minds information website)
If you wish to make a complaint, you can reach out to our Complaints Team contacting us by;
Tel: 0161 716 3083
Tel: 0161 716 2515